Mormon Mustang

Most people know that my Dad has an interesting hobby.  It is his passion.  It is flying.  Now, in his 65th year he continues to be passionate about it, and share it with others.
Steele giving my Dad a high five at the Rexburg Air Show.
Because of missions for the LDS Church, he has not put on a Rexburg Air Show in a couple of years.
My sister Katrina and her cute family took a month Idaho vacation between finishing Dental School and starting 'real life'.
We were so excited that he did it this year.  It gave us an excuse to gather, and remember.
The Mormon Mustang.  The young WWII original pilot got permission from James E. Talmage to name his P-51 Mustang 'Mormon Mustang'.  He was and continues to be a good, good man.
It is a free airshow, and he showcases his 'Warbirds' as well as professional stunt pilots.  I am just impressed that a 65 year old man can handle the G-force and the strength it takes to muscle these planes through an aeronautic routine.

Hopefully it is hereditary.

P.S. sorry that I do not have many pictures.  My camera is breathing what seems to be it's last breaths, and this is what it gave me.

Comments

Christy Dyer said…
He is a wonderful man. Glad we still have him with us!