Free Fishing Day!

Another reason to celebrate where I live besides not really needing an air conditioner, even in the summer: free fishing day!
No long drives into the mountains for us to revel in this day.  We rode our bikes down the road to the Rexburg Nature Park (we also found, to Andrew's delight that they had a frisbee golf course there).  I did not even have to invest in fishing gear.  As part of the event, Idaho Fish and Game provided poles, bait, and supplies. They went the Idaho extra mile by baiting my wormy hooks, teaching us how to cast off and even cleaning the fish that we caught!.  Seriously?  They were so nice.  It was like fishing with your favorite uncles.
I had no idea that they stock the park waters with trout every 2-3 weeks.  I love that we have this resource so close.  Children 14 and under do not even need a license to fish.  I secretly thought that they could feed our family by merely fishing these waters every week.
I finally understand why fishing is so addictive.  And restful.
I could do this all day.

Comments