Let's Play Music

This is Steele's second semester in 'Let's Play Music'. He is thrilled to have graduated to 'Blue Bug' (one up from 'Red Balloons'). The program is genius. It is for pre-piano/violin students to learn advanced music concepts through play. At the end of the third year, he will have a recital where he has composed his own music.

My son is pretty tone deaf, but he is learning through this program, where they are developing relative pitch. Today, we worked on staff reading, counting, classical music, chord progression, and it was all super fun. Three-fourths of the fun for me is learning with him. Parents attend class every other week. Maybe I can consider half of the pricey tuition as my own. I love spending Mommy/Steele time with him, and I love learning Solfeg, which I have never learned. If anyone is considering 'Let's Play Music', I am a fan. My son loves it. And if he loves it, so do I.

Comments