He Lives and Easter 2015

We had a wonderful Easter!  We awoke Saturday morning with an Easter Bunny delivery that was perfect.  Just perfect.  It was better than Christmas.  Andrew (a.k.a. Easter Bunny) had bought Chocolate Bunnies and a surprise for each of us.  Sarah received a sketchbook, Steele received a Star Wars figure, I received a watch, and Peter Knox...he received a chocolate bunny which his siblings later ate...

Below is the remnants of the Easter Pinata that I thought would be fun to make and break,  It was.
Here is the Easter Egg hunt that we held on the dying Spring grass of our front yard.
I feel bad that I did not get a picture of Knox, but we spent our time with him trying to keep him from running into the street, which is a favorite pastime of his right  now.  We tried to show him the joy of finding eggs, but he jumped on the trampoline instead.
This is Sarah and Steele coloring their eggs.  I find crayons less messy and easier than dye.  If you start coloring right after you boil them, then the colors melt richly onto the egg.  If not, eggs and crayons are friends and I love the combination.  I personally loved Sarah's rendition of Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' egg.
The best part of Easter this year was that it coincided with General Conference.  There was a powerful spirit to it, and we had great moments discussing it with our children, in between games of balloon volleyball.  Andrew also made some killer desserts.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is oh, so true.  He lives.  All of my joy is #Becausehelives

Comments