Cutting Knox's Hair

I had to include this because it was such a huge part of my winter. Peter Knox is such a vibrant, wiggly, wonderful boy. It is difficult to cut wiggly boy hair, though, as illustrated below:
I cut off his ear to the cartilage.  I felt terrible.  Notice the blood pooling on the sippy cup and the phone.

Of course, I acted like everything was okay, so that I could get it clean, and not worry Knox, but I was dying inside.  After I repaired it, I barely slept that night.

He is my flesh and blood, and I injured him.  This is a painful thing for a mother.  He wore an enormous bandaid for weeks and became infatuated with the rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide bottles I used to clean his ear with.

He still has long hairs around his ears and neck from my unfinished work.  I am mortified to use sharp scissors on this boy anymore.

He has healed.  It was a miracle to me.  I am so grateful.

Comments