Sarah

Angel Sarah. In this picture she is that magical age of 8. She is in third grade. And she is so unusual in such extraordinary ways.

Today, for example. She played a game with her younger brother, and let him win. She always lets him win. She knows it upsets him when he loses. She also let him have the bigger piece of cupcake without complaint. He usually gets to choose the shows to watch as well. I think that she just loves peace. She has become my right hand girl with baby Luke. He prefers to be held by her, only second to me. I can trust her to babysit. She is honest to a fault. She is so obedient, sometimes I have to watch that I do not command amiss so that she does not obey poor advice. She gives me hope. She is always hopeful and cheerful. She is young for her age. I want her to stay that way. The world does not seem to touch her. She seeks out those who have no one to sit by or play with, and plays with them. She loves everyone. She worries about people feeling bad. She always wants to be early, and frets if we come close to not being early. She is usually the first awake. I see myself in her. I see better than myself in her. She prays with power and faith. What she prays always comes to pass. She is my Sarah.

Comments

The Bears said…
What an awesome girl, but I could tell that even when I first met her.