Spring Break in St. George!

We could have gone anywhere for our Spring Break.  We even had two free luxury hotel nights in Las Vegas.  Nothing, however, could beat staying with Gran and Papa Bagley in their beautiful home on the hill in St. George.  The view, the company, and how we changed was priceless.

As we are coming to an end of the break, I am grateful that Gran gave me the gumption to sleep train Baby Luke.  Now, when I lay him down, he turns his head to the side and peacefully goes to sleep.

Dad helped train Knox to be just a little quicker to obey, for his own safety. Dad had the courage and staying power to stand with Knox when he was disobedient.

Chantal made me brave water slides and explore rock formations that I would not have.  She introduced me to new parks and taught me to be a better mother, for she is a great one.

Below is Gran, loving the girls.  She spent a couple of talks painting fingernails during General Conference.  They matched perfectly.  She makes girls who want to feel beautiful, even more beautiful.
Gran is the queen of beauty.  And in the background is the apostle that more elderly ladies have crushes on than any other.  And he speaks truth.  We love President Uchtdorf.
The grandchildren in front of Mom and Dad's.  I thought that I was out of the picture.  I was on hand just in case the baby was dropped, as if I could catch him, but I would try.
Pioneer Park pictures!  We went twice.  It wore us out so brilliantly that we slept like the dead that night.



Steele and Peter Knox atop the best playground ever: Pioneer Park.  Sandstone Wonderland.

Papa Bagley carried Baby Luke and shielded him against the chilly desert wind.
Gran Bagley and Josie on our 2 mile Snow Canyon Hike.
Josie, Peter Knox, Aviel, Sarah, Steele, and Liam together on the rocks.  The playgrounds here are world class, but they cannot compete against the most excellent sandstone rocks for fun.
Steele, Sarah, and Liam Bagley on top of one of the rocks behind Mom and Dad's home.
Peter Knox, and his apple core doing what he does best: running.  He is running down the hill from the arrow.  The arrow was used by mail carriers to point the right way.  Run the right way, little Knox.


Oh, the Christus.  I could hear His words again and again, and never get tired of them for the way they make me feel.

 After General Conference, we visited the St. George Temple.  I was in awe.  I was overcome with the faithfulness of the Saints called to settle this desert, and then became worthy of the first working temple in Utah.  The only one at the time.
 I loved Brigham Young who worked to get this temple built and the ordinances taught and working for the last 4 months of his life.

Sister Durham of the outgoing Primary Presidency said to help our children by identifying the spirit to them, so we did that again, and again at this temple where it was so strong.  'Peace', we felt.  I said that it 'felt like home', referring to our Heavenly Home.  Sarah thought that I was referring to our home home, which should feel like the temple too.  She said that the temple felt better than our home.  We will work on that.
This is our view of Elder Holland.  We are grateful for him too.

Sarah and Steele were challenged to watch all 8 hours.  They drew pictures of what they saw and heard, which was an inspired decision by Andrew.  At the end, they wrote a report.  They received Pokemon cards as a prize.  I loved that they were involved in the entire conference.

We took many hikes.  This is behind my parents St. George home.  We are hiking to the arrow.  This is Dad, Peter Knox, Chantal, Josie, and Aviel.

Comments